Norway - Europe
Your advantages at a glance:
- Arrival by scheduled flight via Oslo to Tromsø
- 8 days skitouring with a light backpack in the fascinating landscape of Northern Norway
- Northern lights (Aurora borealis), fjords and sea included
- 3 traditional accommodations (Rorbu, Norwegian for fisherman's hut) in the most beautiful ski touring areas of the Lyngen Alps
- Convenient travel on site with rental car and ferries
- Guided tour by patented professional mountain guide IFMGA with federal certificate
- excellent knowledge of the area and many years of local experience
- best price performance ratio
Certified Mountain Guide IFMGA and Snow Sports Instructor with Federal Certificate of higher vocational Education und Training
|CHF 3599.-||(per person / 4 - 5 Participants)|
Included are the scheduled flight from Zurich via Oslo to Tromsø incl. All taxes, all transfers in Norway in the rental car, 10 nights based on double or shared rooms, 9 days full board, tour guided by patented Swiss professional mountain guide IFMGA.
Not included are the cancellation insurance, any admissions, individual excursions on site, individual consumption on the way to and from the journey and all alcoholic beverages. Additional costs due to unforeseen events such as changes to the timetable, etc., as well as any increase in air fares for registrations after 27.09.2019 will be charged to the participants.
A conscientious preparation and a good basic knowledge in ski touring including mastering the hairpin are natural. moreover
- good condition for climbs between 4 to 5 hours with a light daypack
- good alpine skier, mastering the parallel swing even in difficult snow conditions in the field up to 35 ° steepness
- Desire to discover an unknown country and foreign customs and traditions
- Desire to spend free time together with other ski tour enthusiasts in the Rorbu
Registration deadline: September 27, 2019 (later registration is possible, but may affect the price of the ticket and thus the total price of your trip).
11-day ski touring trip to the most rewarding summit destinations in the Lyngen Alps in northern Norway
Possible top destinations: Fastdalstinden, 1275 m, Tafeltinden, 1395 m, Rørnestinden, 1041 m, Steinfjellet, 1120 m, Storgalten, 1219 m, Tromsdalstinden, 1238 m, Skitntinden, 1042 m, Storsteinnestinden, 1017 m, and others.
Scheduled travel program:
1st and 2nd day: Meeting point according to the flight schedule at the airport in Zurich, flight to Oslo and overnight at the airport. Onward flight to Tromsø, taking over our rental car, shopping and drive to North Lenangen to our accommodation on the sea.
3rd day: On our first ski tour we visit the Stetinden, 920 m. A great ski tour with mostly good snow conditions and a fantastic view of the fjord. 920 vertical meters, ascent time approx. 3 hours.
Day 4: Climbing one of the most famous tour destinations in Lyngen, the Storgalten, 1219 m. Wonderful view to the sea in the north and enjoyable descent. Continue to Lyngseidet. 1210 meters in altitude, ascent time approx. 4 hours.
Day 5: Not far from Lyngseidet we climb to Fastdalstinden, 1275 m. Wonderful view of the northern half of the Lyngen peninsula. 1230 vertical meters, ascent time approx. 4 hours.
Day 6: The Nordmannviktinden, 1355 m, the highest and most prominent summit of the Kåfjord Alps, is our destination today. An incredible view to the west and east and a spectacular descent will inspire us. 1400 meters in altitude, ascent time approx. 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
Day 7: Spectacular ski tour on the most beautiful of all ski touring summits on the Lyngen peninsula, the Tafeltinden, 1395 m. The long tour compensates with a great view in all directions and an impressive glacier landscape. 1350 meters in altitude, ascent time approx. 4 1/2 hours.
Day 8: Today is the popular summit Rørnestinden, 1041 m, on our program. Imposing view and great descent back to Lyngseidet. 1000 meters in altitude, ascent time approx. 3 hours.
Day 9: Today we climb the local mountain of Tromsø, the Tromsdalstinden, 1238 m. The spectacular view of Tromsø and a great descent are included! Continue to Kvaløya. 1200 meters in altitude, ascent time approx. 4 hours.
Day 10: Visit of the most beautiful summit in Kattfjordeidet, Skitntinden, 1042 m. Impressive view from the summit. 900 meters in altitude, ascent time approx. 3 hours.
Day 11: Drive from Lauklineset to Tromsø to the airport, return of the rental car, flight to Zurich with arrival in the early evening.